Zone-En LeeM.D. Request An Appointment
Z. Jennifer Lee, MD, FACG, is a highly accomplished physician who is board certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine. She has been honored as a Top Doctor by Washingtonian Magazine from 2017-2021. Dr. Lee earned her Bachelor of Science in Physiology and Neurobiology from the University of Maryland, College Park and continued her education with her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Dr. Lee completed her Internal Medicine Residency at Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center and served as Chief Resident. She then went on to complete a fellowship in Gastroenterology at the Washington Hospital Center where she also served as Chief Fellow.
Prior to joining Capital Digestive Care, Dr. Lee worked as an attending physician with MedStar Health where she was involved in clinical education and research. She has had several publications, including in the New England Journal of Medicine. She’s also an Assistant Professor of Medicine at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
Dr. Lee’s approach to patient care is informative and collaborative. She likes to discuss treatment options with patients so that they can decide on the best treatment plan together. Dr. Lee grew up in Maryland and speaks fluent Mandarin. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family and trying to develop her green thumb.
- Undergraduate: University of Maryland, Bachelor of Science
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Residency: Georgetown University Hospital, Washington Hospital Center, Internal Medicine
- Fellowships: Washington Hospital Center, Gastroenterology
- Internal Medicine: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology: American Board of Internal Medicine